The references to “we”, “us” and “our” are references to SsangYong Tauranga New Zealand. References to “dealers” or “your dealer” are references to the authorised dealers of any of those companies.
Intellectual property rights in website
We (and our licensors or suppliers, as the case may be) own all intellectual property rights in this website, including all of the content of this website (such as text, graphics, logos, icons and sound recordings) and all software code underlying and forming part of this website.
You may not without our prior written permission, in any form or by any means:
- adapt, reproduce, copy, store, distribute (except by using the ‘share’ function), print, display, perform, publish or create adaptations from any part of this website (including the content of this website);
- commercialise, copy, or on-sell any information, or materials obtained from any part of this website (including the content of this website).
You agree to use this website in a manner that complies with all applicable laws and regulations and that does not infringe our rights, nor the rights of anyone else, nor restricts or inhibits their use and enjoyment of this website. Without limiting this, in particular, you agree not to:
- damage or harm this website, or any underlying or connected network or system;
- use a harvesting bot, robot, spider, scraper, or other unauthorised automated means to access this website or content featured on it for any purpose;
- introduce any viruses, content or code to this website which is technologically harmful;
- use this website to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory;
- do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of this website, such as a denial of service attack; or
Accuracy of Information
While all reasonable endeavours have been made to ensure all of the information contained in this website is accurate as at 1st January 2012, the information may not be accurate at the time you view this site because of changes over time. For instance, the vehicles, accessories and prices displayed may no longer be available and the interest rates used in the repayment calculator may change. Further, we and our dealers may, for any reason and at any time without notice, introduce any other changes to this website that we deem necessary. Please contact your dealer to confirm the information shown.
The colours on this web site may differ from actual colours due to variations in the electronic rendering process. Furthermore, the images and content of this website may have been sourced globally and may differ to New Zealand specification.
Prices and specifications are subject to change without notice. Please contact your dealer for confirmation.
Fuel Consumption figures are tested under controlled conditions and are provided for comparison purposes, actual results will vary according to vehicle usage and operating conditions.
Collection of information
We respect your privacy. SsangYong Tauranga retains the personal information you provide when you communicate with us about one of our products or services. If you call, email, write to us or fill in an enquiry form we keep a record of that correspondence. We keep a record of personal information you give us as part of entering one of our promotions. We collect your personal information if you purchase a vehicle from us.
We also collect personal information about vehicle owners from the Motor Vehicle Register, in accordance with SsangYong Tauranga authorisation to access the Register for specified purposes under section 241 of the Land Transport Act 1998.
When you call our Customer Centre, we may record the call for staff training and quality purposes, and to ensure that we have an accurate record of the call so that we can respond to your needs and in case of any dispute.
Use and disclosure of information
Your personal information is held and used by us to communicate with you about SsangYong Tauranga, and to improve our services. This may include:
- responding to your requests and enquiries
- receiving feedback and dealing with complaints
- processing orders and administering accounts
- providing customer and dealer support
- vehicle warranties and product recalls
- marketing and promotional activities
- product development and market research
- improving our website
If you contact us about an application for employment, we may use your information to process your application.
When you submit an online form, we may transmit your request including your personal details via email to the intended recipient.
We may share your information with our authorised SsangYong/GLMD dealers, for any of the purposes stated above. We may also use and disclose your information if required to meet our legal obligations.
Your rights and choices
You have the right under section 241(7)(b) of the Land Transport Act to opt-out of having your name and address made available to us through the Motor Vehicle Register. Further information is available at http://www.nzta.govt.nz/transact/.
The following General Terms and Conditions apply to all prize draws on this website, unless otherwise specified.
- Entry into the specific prize draw is deemed acceptance of these general terms and conditions and any specific or additional terms and conditions as outlined below.
- Employees of SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand, their advertising agencies, subsidiaries, SsangYong/GLMD dealership staff, and their immediate families are not eligible for this prize draw.
- Entry into this prize draw is deemed consent that you have opted into further communication from SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand. You will have the ability to opt-out at any time by emailing email@example.com.
- Proof of purchase and photo ID may be required to claim the prize.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand cannot accept responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft, destruction, alteration of, or unauthorised access to entries, or entries lost or delayed whether or not arising during operation or transmission as a result of server functions, virus, bugs or other causes outside its control.
- The prize winner will be the first valid entry randomly drawn from eligible entries received within the term.
- The prize winner will be notified within 5 working days of the draw and contacted via details provided by entrant.
- The person whose phone is used to submit the entry is deemed the entrant in the event of any dispute.
- Prizes are not transferable, exchangeable nor negotiable and are not redeemable for cash.
- While this prize draw will be administered with all reasonable care and skill, if SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand or its designated agents are unable to make contact with any winner within 5 working days of a draw, SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to declare that entry invalid and draw a new winner on the same terms and conditions as the original draw.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand Limited reserves the right to substitute prize components of equivalent or greater value if any prize becomes unavailable.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand accepts no responsibility for any entries not received for any reason during the Promotion Period. No responsibility will be taken for lost, late or misdirected entries. SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand does not warrant that the entry mechanism will always be available during the Promotion Period.
- Incomplete or incorrect entries are not eligible to win.
- By entering the prize draw, the winner consents to SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand publishing comments anonymously and summarised scores in customer communications, SsangYong/GLMD websites and in social media channels.
- By entering, prize winners agree to be available for reasonable publicity purposes without compensation, including but not limited to photographs and interviews. Entrants acknowledge that their details may be published in various media.
- Any questions regarding this promotion should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to disqualify entries in the event of non-compliance with these Terms & Conditions.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to change or alter these terms and conditions at any time.
- To the greatest extent permitted by law, neither SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand nor any person or party associated with the promotion will be liable for any loss, damage or injury suffered or sustained (including, but not limited to, consequential loss) as a result of participating in this promotion or using any part of the prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- All decisions made by SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand are final and no correspondence will be entered into.
The following General Terms and Conditions apply to all promotions on this website, unless otherwise specified:
- Entry into the promotion is deemed acceptance of these terms and conditions.
- Offer is only available at participating Authorised SsangYong/GLMD Dealers.
- Scheduled Servicing and Warrantable repairs must be performed at an Authorised SsangYong/GLMD Dealer or SsangYong/GLMD Parts and Service Agent.
- Offer is subject to stock availability.
- Offer is available on Dealer sales of vehicles financed through finance companies.
- Offer is not transferable or redeemable for cash or discount.
- Offer is not available in conjunction with any other offer.
- This offer is not available on SsangYong/GLMD Dealer demonstrator vehicles, preregistered vehicles, rental, Government, nationally negotiated fleet sales, SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand Account Managed Fleet sales or to Limited Liability Companies.
- Offer available to New Zealand residents only.
- Offer available to GST and non-GST registered customers.
- Some vehicles and/or accessories may differ from those pictured.
- Entitlement to the offer goes to the ‘legal owner’ of the vehicle. Any subsequent arrangements between the legal owners of the vehicle and the driver/customer are at the legal owner’s discretion.
- SsangYong/GLMD reserves the right to alter the offers at any time.
- To the extent permitted by law, SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand and Authorised SsangYong/GLMD Dealers are not liable to any person, including you or any passenger, for any loss, damage, liability, cost, or expense incurred through use of the vehicle purchased.
- These terms and conditions will be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of New Zealand and will be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of New Zealand courts.
- We respect your privacy. Your details are held by SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand to enable us and our Dealer network to communicate with you about SsangYong/GLMD products and services. If you don’t wish to receive promotional material, or wish to review or update your details, please email us on email@example.com.
Facebook – Prize Giveaways and Promotions
From time to time SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand Limited may run Competitions and Prize Giveaways (Promotions) on the SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand Facebook pages Timeline.
By entering such a Promotion and by accepting a Prize, you agree to these Terms and Conditions:
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand is the Organiser of these Promotions, they are not in any way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- You agree to release Facebook from any and all claims and demands arising out of, or in connection with, your participation in any of these Promotions or with any of the Prizes offered.
- To enter a Promotion the entrant must have taken the action requested, as described in the post relating to the specific promotion. Only one entry per Facebook account is permitted, unless otherwise specified.
- Unless otherwise stated, Prize winners will be drawn at random from all entries received by the date and time stated in the post. The number of Prizes offered will be stated in the post and if multiple Prizes are offered, multiple winners will be drawn.
- Employees of, or contractors to SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand, their advertising agents, subsidiaries and SsangYong/GLMD dealership staff, and their immediate families are not eligible to enter.
- Prizes are not transferable or redeemable for cash.
- Entrants must be New Zealand residents and be residing in New Zealand at the time of the Promotion.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the rights to offer substitute Prizes.
- Unless otherwise stated, Prize winners will be notified through Facebook and must respond within 48 hours to claim their Prize. To claim a Prize, winners will be asked to provide contact details to a SsangYong/GLMD email address.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to reproduce comments and feedback provided by entrants in promotional material, not limited to but including, website, brochures and other online channels.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to put an age limit or other restrictions on Promotions and or Prizes which must also comply with New Zealand law where applicable.
- SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand reserves the right to remove any content deemed offensive, inappropriate or irrelevant to the promotion, as well as any content deemed to be used as promotion of a business or an individual and not in the spirit of the competition.
- By entering the competition entrants hereby warrant that all information submitted is true, current and complete.
- By entering this competition, you give SsangYong/GLMD the right to reproduce the information, including but not limited to image, video and copy content, as provided by you, across but not limited to SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand’s social, online, print, audio and video channels, without further reference or compensation of any description.
- SsangYong/GLMD accepts no responsibility for any tax liability that may arise from any prize draw.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the rules, conduct, results and all other matters relating to a Promotion, the decision of SsangYong/GLMD New Zealand will be final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
WHO WE ARE
Our website address is: https://www.ssangyongtauranga.co.nz/
PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
When we collect it
We may collect personal identification information from Users in a variety of ways, including when Users visit our site, register on the site, subscribe to a service or newsletter, fill out a form, and in connection with other activities, services, features or resources we make available on Site.
What we collect
Users may be asked to submit, on a voluntary basis, and as appropriate, their name, email address, phone numbers and mailing address. For credit applications or purchase agreements, income, employment, birthdate, housing, dependent, driver license and social security number information may also be collected. For verification purposes, form submissions may also store the IP address of the submitter. In some cases, call tracking software is used, which tracks the phone number, duration of call, and sometimes a voice recording (in the case of a voice recording the caller will be notified at the beginning of the call).
Why we need it
Company collects and uses Users personal information for the following purposes:
- To provide a requested service: Certain information is essential to Company’s ability to provide service to Site’s visitors and customers.
- To improve customer service: Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.
- To send periodic emails: The email address Users provide will only be used to respond to their inquiries, and/or other requests or questions. If User decides to opt-in to our mailing list, they will receive emails that may include company news, updates, related product or service information, etc. If at any time the User would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.
Users may decide to visit our Site anonymously. Users can always refuse to supply personally identification information by not submitting a form, and understanding that it may prevent them from engaging in certain Site related activities.
Where we store it
Personal information that we collect is most often stored in a relational database on a server protected by firewalls and strict access restrictions. Some (e.g. sales contracts) may also have a hard copy stored in a secure location. Other personal information may also be stored in 3rd party/cloud services (see the “Sub-processors” section below).
We adopt appropriate data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures to protect against unauthorized access, alteration, disclosure or destruction of your personal information, username, password, transaction information and data stored on our Site.
Sensitive and private data exchange between the Site and its Users happens over a SSL secured communication channel and is encrypted and protected with digital signatures. Sensitive passwords are always stored encrypted and are never transmitted or stored in clear text.
Who has access to it
Personal information that is collected is only shared internally with employees and contractors of Company, on a need-to-know basis.
We do not sell, trade, or rent User’s personal identification information to others. We may share generic aggregated demographic information not linked to any personal identification information regarding visitors and users with our business partners, trusted affiliates and advertisers for the purposes outlined above. We may use third party service providers to help us operate our business and the Site or administer activities on our behalf, such as sending out newsletters or surveys. We may share your information with these third parties for those limited purposes provided that you have given us your permission.
Sub-processorsSub-processors that may receive, store, handle, and process personal information on our behalf include providers of: datacenter infrastructure, CRM, list management, proposal software, payment processing, drive/cloud storage software, email providers, project management software, support/ticketing software, banks/credit deciders, etc. Services from these providers are managed by their own individual privacy policies.
How long we store it
In addition to making adequate efforts to protect personal information, we also strive to store it only as long as is needed. Company has the ability to delete personal information at any time. If you feel that your personal information is being stored and would like it to be removed, please contact us and we will remove it.
NON-PERSONAL IDENTIFICATION INFORMATION
We may collect non-personal identification information about Users whenever they interact with our Site. Non-personal identification information may include the browser name, the type of computer and technical information about Users means of connection to our Site, such as the operating system and the Internet service providers utilized and other similar information, as well as IP address not directly tied to other personal information.
WEB BROWSER COOKIES
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
Users may find advertising or other content on our Site that link to the sites and services of our partners, suppliers, advertisers, sponsors, licensors and other third parties. We do not control the content or links that appear on these sites and are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our Site. In addition, these sites or services, including their content and links, may be constantly changing. These sites and services may have their own privacy policies and customer service policies. Browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link to our Site, is subject to that website’s own terms and policies.
ADVERTISING AND REMARKETING
In order to protect the personal information of children and minors, an age limit of 16 is set for this Site. Users under this age should not use the Site or submit any personal information.
Cross-border transmission of information may take place to send information between Company branches, or to/from the end user to Company, or to/from Company’s sub-processors. All such transfers are done with appropriate safeguards in place.
YOUR ACCEPTANCE OF THESE TERMS
By using this Site, you signify your acceptance of this policy. If you do not agree to this policy, please do not use the Site. Your continued use of the Site following the posting of changes to this policy will be deemed your acceptance of those changes.
Our Anti-Spam Policy tolerates only permission-based email – subscription to emails or information requested for to be provided through email or phone. You may choose to opt-out of our mailing list. By submitting a request – through the forms available – you agree to be contacted by us for the purposes described in the Disclaimer. All emails sent to you will be compliant with CASL and will include:
- The option to opt-in to receive communication for the purposes described in Disclaimer
- The option to unsubscribe from receiving electronic communication from us as described here
At any point in time you may opt out from receiving communication from us by following the unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of our communications or call or write to us to indicate not to receive any calls or emails for promotional purposes.
Tauranga Ssangyong New Zealand
408 Cameron Road, Tauranga, 3310
07 578 8378
This document was last updated on: 5 June 2019